Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last Week as Miss VT!

WOW. WOW. WOW. It is with bittersweet emotion I inform my blog followers that there are 4 days left in my reign. It is time to move on and continue to follow the path set for me. There is so much I am grateful for. This year seems like several jam packed into one. How can one woman have all these experiences in such a short amount of time? I am blessed. I feel as though I have learned so much about myself and become more of the woman I want to be.

I can't help but think about my fellow Miss America Class of 2009. In the last few weeks and in the coming month they will all crown another with their job. To each of you I send my blessings. Thank you for gracing my experiences in Orlando, LA, and of course Las Vegas.

I have just completed recording my farewell speech. What a task condensing 14 months into 4 minutes! Those of you who have made an impact in my year know who you are and know what it means to me. Thank you to my voice coach Shyla Nelson, personal trainer David Chess, Gown Designer Tara Lynn, car dealership Quality Suzuki, my SMCers who came to Vegas!, my hometown crowd to came to Vegas and cheered me on from home, my South Carolina and Flordia family, my Michael, Amanda, Dan, Gram Ruth, Gram Fay, Aunt Liz, the Heroux's and of course Mom and Dad. I could not have done all I did this year without your support.

The Miss Vermont Pageant is at the Barre Opera House on Saturday at 7pm. The teen pageant is at 2pm. I would love to see you there as we crown Miss Vermont 2009!

With Blessings,
Ashley

No comments: