Monday, June 23, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake

I just came from the Vermont Children's Theatre fundraising Auction. It was an appearance I was proud to be part of as I realize the importance of volunteer based art organizations like the VCT. I was in the 1995 VCT production of Annie and fell in love with the stage. I was only 9 and had a small orphan part (I was the orphan who hid in the linen basket from Ms. Hannigan). However small my role was that expereince was instrumental to introuding me to theater. I plugged for the auction this morning on my hometown radio station WGMT. The kind Steve Nichols interviewed me about the auction and my reign.

I have been trying to eat really well and have succeeded for the most part. Tonight however, I feel guity because I just pigged out on homemade strawberry shortcake. I am not sure why I writing about this, but a blog is meant to share thoughts right? Well, my thoughts at the moment are about guilt in pigging out on Stawberry shortcake.

Thursday I will be singing the Anthem and registering voters at Thunder Road. Thursday is the coveted Governor's Cup and I have been asked to sing. I am honored to be a part of this great annual Vermont event. Hopefully I will see you at the races!

Saturday I will be in Fall River, Massachussetts for the Miss Massachussetts Scholarship Pageant. I am excited to see another production and meet some other 2008 titleholders.

As always you can track my official schedule at www.missvermont.org. Our new webiste will be launched in August so keep checking.

XOXO
Ashley

No comments: